Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Created to Give God Glory: Characteristics of a Dying Church

 I stumbled upon this blog this morning and was stunned when I read this post. It was a very eye-opening and sobering thought. Give it a look....


Created to Give God Glory: Characteristics of a Dying Church: "We look for vital signs when a person is dying. Usually something like the kidneys or one of the other major organs begins to fail. Death is..."


We are responsible for keeping the church from dying, we are called to be witness and preach the gospel. (Matt. 28:16-20) That was Jesus last command, the last thing which he said to his disciples. I think it deserves great emphasis. But let us not forget, while we do have a responsibility to the church, that doesnt make the church ours. It is the Lord's. We the believers make up the body, the church. We plant seeds and the Holy Spirit makes them grow. And because of that seed that was once planted in me which grew, I have this passionate desire to plant those seeds unto others praying that the Holy Spirit will work in them. I do this for the glory of God and for the day when the church as a whole will be united with Christ. I love God and am thankful for what He has and will reveal to me and bless me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...