Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Challenged

Today in my quiet time, I prayed earnestly for help. Something to give me the strength I needed. I know God has a plan in all this, but sometimes my impatience kicks in. He gave me Psalms 118. I've read this before many times but I knew He wanted me to read it today.

5 Out of my distress I called on the LORD;
   the LORD answered me and set me free.
6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear.
   What can man do to me?
7 The LORD is on my side as my helper;
   I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.  8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
   than to trust in man.
9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
   than to trust in princes.
 10 All nations surrounded me;
   in the name of the LORD I cut them off!
11 They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side;
   in the name of the LORD I cut them off!
12 They surrounded me like bees;
   they went out like a fire among thorns;
   in the name of the LORD I cut them off!
13 I was pushed hard,[a] so that I was falling,
   but the LORD helped me.
 14 The LORD is my strength and my song;
   he has become my salvation.
15 Glad songs of salvation
   are in the tents of the righteous:
“The right hand of the LORD does valiantly,
 16 the right hand of the LORD exalts,
   the right hand of the LORD does valiantly!”
 17 I shall not die, but I shall live,
   and recount the deeds of the LORD.
18 The LORD has disciplined me severely,
   but he has not given me over to death.


We have been challenged. Challenged where I belonging is. Where are friends are. Where are motives lay. Where I hearts are. Personally for me, I've been challenged with acceptance. Something I've struggled with since I can remember. But I do not fear anymore, the Lord is on my side. I'm okay with not being socially accepted. I'm okay with being different. I'm okay with sticking to what I believe. I'm okay with being ignored. I don't care how many people on Facebook "like" this or what they have to say. I know my hope in the Lord is secure. This challenge, this discipline, serves a purpose. I know there is a far greater plan at work.

I prayed in my quiet time today for help. Out of my distress I called on the Lord, and He answered me and set me free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...