Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winter Blues









It seems like it has been so long since my last post, but really it was two weeks ago. Time drags on in the winter and I never have any motivation, I feel numb. It's a challenge for me. But I found encouragement last night. We meet up at Dairy Queen for youth group yesterday and we ate our Blizzards and talked. But when it got to be Bible time, we didnt just talk...we discussed; we studied. I heard their personal trials and how they applied scripture to their lives. But through this, a passage was shared, one I had read over and over but never thought deep about it. One that didn't have meaning to me until now...



27 Why do you complain, Jacob?
   Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the LORD;
   my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

                                                           -Isaiah 40:27-31 (NIV)



My cause is not disregarded by God. He has not lost track of me. Don't you know? He is everlasting, never tired or weary. Why do I put up this fight? Why do I think I am losing strength? I can't depend on myself. I can't supply for myself. Even though I go through these times, I pray God will use them for something. I know He is at work, He is still there. I am wholly Yours, Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...