Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Couch to 5K Challenge-ish

I'm a pretty active person and have been but there was this tiny little period of time where I was physically incapable of running and since that time my cardio, endurance, strength has decreased tremendously. And I mean like ALOT. And because of that lack thereof, I was disappointed when I discovered just how much out of shape I was when I went for a run. Breathing does not come easy to me. Noooo way. It also doesnt help that I've had a cold these past two weeks. But already I have seen a big difference just in the disciplined exercising I've done. So I'm making my own, slightly more advanced Couch to 5K challenge (I just say that to make me feel more in shape than a couch sounds).

Today's run was not as bad as I thought. I havent ran since Saturday and that was just a quickie. I started with a quick 5 min warm up/walk. Then tested my endurance with running the rest of the way. I only had to stop twice to catch my breath (not including when I saw my driveway and nearly passed out lol). That was my equivalent to C25K's 2 min walks they want you to do.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a glitch in the MapMyRun app for iPhone because the time was not the same as my watch and there is a little gap missing as you can see. So is should be four minutes shorter than what it is, I swear :) and I also forgot to stop the time once I was finished (I'm terrible at this). I should just buy Nike's running app.

Anyway, there is Day 1 of my challenge. My goal for right now is a 27-28 minute 5k. After that will be more endurance long distance running. But right now I have my work cut out for me haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...