Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

That Time I Almost Ran 3 Miles


I don't have much time but I'll give you a quick little recap...

5/31: 1.02 miles
6/4: 1.03 miles
6/5: 1.58 miles
6/6: 2.76 miles

I'm determined to stop focusing on time and more on distance and endurance. Which is extremely difficult for me because I'm not content being a slow runner knowing that seven years ago I could run a 7:30ish min/mile. So, I am attempting to rack up more mileage than comparing times. For now atleast.

Today, I was determined to complete a 3 mile run. Didn't quite happen. I didnt go far enough down one road (due to a loose dog I didnt want to chase me :P) so I doubled back and fell short 0.24 mile :-/. Technically my app should say 2.76 miles but it crashed at the beginning of my run. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath, but it is slowly getting easier as long as I stay focused and remember deep breaths.






I maintained a good steady pace for the most part. I found the best song to help maintain a rhythm too was "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters. The beat just matched the tiny thumping of my feet on the hard asphalt too perfectly. My Dad would be so proud of me (he loves The Pointer Sisters) :P hehe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...