Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Update from the Szostaks

Where do I begin? I'm terrible at starting these things off...

A lot has been happening in this past year or so. A lot of options and possibilities have been coming our way and has sparked some thinking. After Ash and I got married we've been toying with the idea of moving but wasn't sure where or when. We've been praying about it for almost two years now that God would reveal His plan for us and what we should do, whether it is to stay where we are or rather place us somewhere else. It's not that we desperately want to get away from here. We love our family and friends and our location here (minus the snow), we just feel that God wants us doing something else. We've grown up in this town the majority of our lives. After being here so long you start to become too comfortable and used to the way things are. In a way it drains you.

We've had some very tempting offers and ideas. Some of which are still a possibility. But one of the offers that came up about a year ago was the idea of an internship. A good friend who's very closely involved in the program introduced us to it. It's a one year opportunity in which we will be placed and mentored within a healthy church under good leadership and be taught and given the chance to grow spiritually. This was what we were looking for, but we still had some doubts. For a while we also contemplated the idea of moving to New Hampshire. We have some very close friends there and the same kind of opportunity. We wouldn't be far from home either. So, in a pickle we were.

After some period of time waiting and praying about it, we gained confidence about the internship. New Hampshire will still be there waiting for us, in fact I think it will be a great place to settle down :). With that said, I trust in God. I trust that this is the right decision, and I trust in that peace I have and that same confirmation in Ash. I also pray that God will make a straight path for us, no matter where it takes us.

After a long time of praying and waiting on God, there are two verses that somehow always seems to come hand-in-hand, both which have given us confidence...


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
-Jeremiah 29:11-13

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6


We fly out September 6 to go visit and meet and greet everyone for a while and see the area. It's located in Baraboo, Wisconsin. (I think it's a cool name). We're excited about it and hope for great things. I guess that will be our final deciding point. For now, we are preparing ourselves for whatever decision is made. So please pray for us and God's will to be done and revealed. Thank you guys for your love and concern and support. We will keep everyone up to date as we go along :)

1 comment:

  1. Is it crazy, that i was just going to message you today and ask about your moving plans and then i saw your post??? Anyways, i'm happy for you and good luck with whatever you guys do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...